Facilities & Directions
Wilkins Stadium at Rip Powell Field
Wilkins Stadium has been home to the Mulerider football program since 1949. Named for former Magnolia A&M president Colonel Charles S. Wilkins, the Muleriders have
compiled a 186-138-5 all-time record at Wilkins Stadium through the 2015 season, and since 2012, SAU is 15-3 (.833).
On September 19, 2015, the playing surface at Wilkins Stadium was formally named “Rip Powell Field” after the legendary late Raymond “Rip” Powell.
The football-only facility features dual grandstands with a 6,000-person capacity, press box with a corporate sponsor suite available for rent, newly constructed ticket
booths, and a concession stand near the south endzone.
In the summer of 2016, brand new artificial turf was installed by GeoSurfaces, and the design features alternating shades of green every five yards with the middle 20 yards of the field being adorned by the Mulerider logo. Additionally, Wilkins Stadium received upgraded lighting in 2016 as brand new LED light poles were installed; making SAU the only football stadium in the state of Arkansas with LED lighting.
The facility also features the Auburn Smith Field House which provides space for the team’s locker room as well as coaches’ offices and meeting rooms. The team locker room was upgraded with brand new lockers in the summer of 2016 and can house over 125 players. The coaches’ offices and meeting rooms were remodeled over the summer of 2012.